Update your PrimoWireless RBI Huawei B315 modem's firmware
If you have a modem that looks like this,
If you have a modem like this,
This page gives you step-by-step instructions on how to update your PrimoWireless Huawei B315 modem's firmware (RBI modem). If you have trouble completing any of the steps below please call our Helpdesk on 0800 123 774. Our Customer Service team are available to take your calls from 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Important things to know
- It will take about 15-20 mins to update your software. While you’re doing this your broadband service will be impacted. If you have a phone connected to your modem, it will also be affected
- Around 60MB of data is used to update your modem.
- When you update your modem, your Wi-Fi password will need to be changed and any customised or advanced configuration will be removed
- Improved speed is dependent on cell sites in your area being upgraded
Before you start
Before you get started have a quick look at the check list below to make sure you have everything you need for the update. You’ll need:
- Your PrimoWireless RBI Huawai B315 modem
- Your modem needs to be working so that you’re connected to the internet
- Either a phone, tablet, laptop or computer connected to your modem by Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable
- If you’re using an Apple or Android device you’ll also need to have downloaded the Huawei HiLink app to complete the update